Help your community
Our volunteer partners are critical to ending hunger in our community. Every month we rely on their generous support that would otherwise require the work of 40 additional full-time staff members. Carve out a 2 hour shift this summer with friends and family and help feed our neighbors in need. Whether you’re looking for a new challenge, new friends, or a fun way to help others, please consider volunteering.
Weekday Warehouse Volunteers
Warehouse volunteer activities include: bagging fresh produce, labeling and packaging small quantities of food. (2-hour shifts)
- • Warehouse Volunteers needed Monday – Friday, between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- • Monday – Thursday, between 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- • 2nd & 4th Saturday of each month from 9:00 am – Noon.
- To schedule a group of 6 or more, email Helen Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Value Market is a great place for our neighbors in need to shop with dignity. Help keep the store in top shape by stocking shelves, organizing produce, and assist with light cleaning. The open shifts are as follows:
- • Fridays, (1) Volunteer needed from 9:00 am – noon
- • Daily, (1) On call Volunteer needed 2-3 hours between 10:30 am – 6:30 pm.
Volunteering is a rewarding and fun experience at the REFB. (Photo): Medtronic employees make a difference in blue.
Join our team of culinary volunteers to assist Chef Nolan in preparing healhty, protein rich ready-to-eat meals for our community. The following shifts are available.
- • Mondays, (4) Volunteers needed from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- • Wednesdays, (2) Volunteers needed from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- • Thursday, (1) Volunteer needed from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- • Fridays, (4) Volunteers needed from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm.
Help connect our neighbors in need with emergency food, program referrals, and hunger-relief resources such as CalFresh. We need volunteers for the following shifts.
- • Wednesdays, (1) Volunteer needed from 9:00 am – noon
- • Thursdays, (1) Volunteer needed from 9:00 am – noon
Many Other Volunteer Opportunities Await You or Your Group
There are many other volunteer opportunities, including: bread van drivers, food distribution site helpers, office assistance, and special event support. Please join us for a new Volunteer Orientation so that we can match you with the right opportunity. New Volunteer Orientations take place weekdays on a drop in basis at 9:00 am or at 1:00 pm. They are also available by appointment at 4:30 pm. To schedule a New Volunteer Orientation or a group of 6 or more, contact Helen Myers,email@example.com, or call 707-523-7900, ext. 143.
Other Organizations Where You Can Make A Difference
Volunteer to deliver meals or groceries to home-bound seniors
- Contact Council On Aging at 707-525-0143
- Contact Petaluma Peoples Services at 707-765-8488
- Contact Redwood Empire Food Bank at 707-523-7900
Join the Hunger Index Committee and lend your voice and energy to closing the meal gap.
- Contact George Malachowski, 707.565.5815 for information on our next meeting
Train as a promoter and share information about health related nutrition topics with your community.
- Contact the Northern California Center for Well-Being at 707-575-6043; http://www.norcalwellbeing.org/
Volunteer to glean
- Contact Petaluma Bounty at 707-364-9118; http://www.petalumabounty.org/
- Contact Farm to Pantry at firstname.lastname@example.org; http://www.farmtopantry.org/
Volunteer to Serve Meals
- Contact the Society of St. Vincent de Paul at 707-584-1579; www.svdp-sonoma.org