Sonoma County Hunger Index

In need of assistance?

Get Food through Food Connections

Anyone who is in need of food can contact FOOD CONNECTIONS at the REFB and get referred to a food program or pantry in their local community. FOOD CONNECTIONS is a place where your neighbors can get help with navigating the CalFresh application process, receive emergency food, and find out about hunger relief programs and food distributions in their neighborhoods. Get the food you need through Food Connections.

To receive information

Call 707-523-7903
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Get Healthy Foods with CalFresh!
It’s easy!

About CalFresh

CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps) is a nutrition assistance program which helps individuals and families purchase healthy foods. CalFresh benefits are issued on an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card- like an ATM card. You can use your EBT card at most grocery stores, neighborhood stores and farmer’s markets.
Call us at (707) 523-7903 to apply for CalFresh!

You are NOT eligible for CalFresh benefits if you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI/SSP) but Social Security Retirement Benefits are ok. If you receive SSI benefits, other family members may still be eligible. You can have income from a full or part time job, unemployment, or other cash assistance. U.S. Citizens, some Legal Permanent Residents, and people with U-Visa’s and T-Visa’s may qualify. Parents who do not have a valid Social Security Number can apply for their U.S.-born children. Applying for CalFresh is easy: We will need your Identification, Social Security Numbers, and Income Verification.